How to Sync your iPhone Contacts and Calendar with Google
Only the following information can be uploaded:
* People’s names and job titles
* Company names
* Email and postal addresses
* Phone numbers
* IM names, including the type of service
Other information, like custom ringtones and photos, are not uploaded. Please sync them to Outlook first.
1. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer using the USB cable.
2. Open the iTunes application.
3. Select your iPhone and click the Info tab.
4. Check the Sync Contacts with option and select Google Contacts from the drop-down menu.
5. Click Configure and enter your Google username and password.
6. Press Apply to sync your device with iTunes.
(Note: After you have completed this step, your iPhone may contain unwanted Contacts from your Google account. Most of these will be removed when you complete the next steps and sync your iPhone directly with Google.)
Calendar & Contacts Sync: Set Up Your iPhone or iPod Touch
To set up Google Sync on your iPhone or iPod Touch device, please follow the steps below.
Requirements and Upload
1. Make sure your device has version 2.2 firmware or above. You can check your current version by going to Settings > General > About > Version.
To upgrade, follow the instructions at http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/.
2. Upload any Contacts and Calendars from your phone to your computer before proceeding. The iPhone will delete Contacts and Calendars during setup.
3. The contacts that are replaced on your device will be the contents of your My Contacts group. This is the only group supported at this time, so make sure to clean up your My Contacts before syncing.
Tip: If you have a Mac, make sure that Synchronize with Google in the Address Book app is OFF. Otherwise all of your contacts will sync to Address Book.
4. Mail sync is not yet supported. You may receive error messages if you attempt to turn on Sync for Mail.
1. Open the Settings application on your device’s home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account….
4. Select Microsoft Exchange.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Email field, enter the name of the account (anything you’d like).
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
10. A new Server field will appear. Enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the Google services you want to sync. Currently only Contacts and Calendar are supported.
Make sure that you have uploaded your data before proceeding.
13. Press Sync twice when warned about data loss.
You’ve set up Google Sync for your iPhone. Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your phone. You can also open the Calendar or Contacts app and wait a few seconds to start a sync.
Tip: If your business, school, or organization uses Google Apps, your administrator will first need to enable ActiveSync before you can take advantage of this feature.